February 17, 2021 – Credit and Borrowing Fundamentals
This workshop deals with various aspects of credit including home mortgages. Women who attend do not need any background in this topic. We will talk about important basics such as:
• What is a credit rating?
• Why your credit history matters
• How to build a good credit score
• Different types of borrowing and how to manage debt
• How to figure out the upfront and ongoing costs of homeownership
• How to calculate the mortgage amount you qualify for
Claire Cobden is VP, Treasurer at BlueShore Financial, BC’s fourth largest credit union. She is responsible for daily treasury operations and trading. Prior to joining BlueShore Financial, Claire was the Assistant Treasurer for MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates, a global communications and information technology company. She has a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from UBC and holds both the CFA and CPA designations. Claire currently is a Director and the Treasurer of CFA Vancouver.